Monday, July 11, 2011

Hot Monday in the Twin Cities!

Greetings from hot, humid Bossier City! It is so hot here this summer, that I just know we could fry some eggs on the asphalt in the parking lot. But that would mean we would have to go stand out in the parking lot and watch them cook! I'm thinking maybe not! I am seriously starting to wonder if we will ever see another raindrop! Thunderstorms would be a welcome sight for sore eyes! I could do with a good storm, even though that means that 2 of my 4 four legged babies turn into a trembling, scared puppies all over again. They remind me of the old coin operated massage beds that used to be in old Mom and Pop motor hotels...back in the day! One good thing about summer though, is all of the fresh, yummy vegetables. A group of my friends and I went to the Farmer's Market this past weekend. What treasures we found...fresh tomatoes, new potatoes and green beans, okra, boudin and canned soup vegetables. Not to mention the fresh corn! I was a cooking fool on Sunday with all of these great finds! Oh, and I think I did buy the worlds greatest cantaloupe this weekend! Us Southerners do appreciate good home cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment